Tamil Nadu – India
THE CONTEXT OF YOUR INITIATIVE
– There is an increase in number of school dropouts in the rural areas. To reduce school dropout ratio.
– To include a participatory and right based education for the rural school children.
– To provide supplementary democratic education on citizenship and leadership.
– To help the children with scientific knowledge.
– To protect and spread the cultural, folk and ethic arts among the children.
– The target population is at the age of 5-15 years
THE ACTIVITIES CARRIED OUT AS PART OF YOUR INITIATIVE
– Conducting classes for 2-30 hours in the evening
– Conducting science exhibitions
– Training teachers on child psychology, child and human rights, subjects and learning + teaching techniques
– Annual sports and cultural training
WHO IS INVOLVED FROM OUR GROUP?
– Children from the age of 5-14
– Young teachers / graduates
– Local Education Department – Governmental
– Local village / parents / panchayat councils
WHICH PARTNERS ARE YOU WORKING WITH ON THIS INITIATIVE?
– The dropout ratio was reduced from 38.7% to 13%.
– The children’s scientific knowledge has increased.
– The rural educated youth were given a job opportunity.
– The government educational departments are evaluating and executing their work along with VCDS.
– Special children were identified and accommodated in special schools.
– Many students have moved to university education and for professional education.
– We have produced some dedicated leaders for the society from NFED.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO ADD ANY INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR INITIATIVE?
WHAT ARE YOUR PROSPECTS?
– Looking for partners (or) help to start a construction for the school building.
– Out of 18 schools we have there is no official building for any of these schools.
– Purchase of equipments and construction of classroom or school room.