All Emmaus International members have one thing in common: solidarity. However, there are a variety of ways to get involved, from volunteering to becoming a staff member – we’d love to hear from you! If you want to get involved and join our team based in Montreuil, please check our vacancies and get in touch.
Jobs and internships
Emmaus International regularly seeks employees or trainees to strengthen its teams. Please find the job openings below.
For all spontaneous applications, please send your CV and cover letter, clearly stating which division you would like to apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Emmaus International Headquarters
The Emmaus International Secretariat, based in Montreuil, France, regularly relies on its network of committed volunteers to:
- meet Emmaus representatives arriving from abroad at a Paris airport or train station and take them by public transport or taxi to the head office or their hotel
- accompany Emmaus International delegates on visits to Emmaus communities in the Paris region and on sightseeing trips to Paris. Basic Spanish and/or English is useful.
- assist occasionally with event preparation (the Paris salon, international and other meetings, events)
- help with mailings and franking
- help with the visa application process for Emmaus International representatives (submitting and picking up the application from consulates etc.)
- provide administrative support at the head office (filing, data entry, making reminder calls etc.)
These unpaid assignments are aimed at people who already live in France. Other specific tasks may also be offered, depending on volunteers´ skills and our requirements.
If you are interested in volunteering, please send an application to the following address: email@example.com
In an Emmaus group
Sometimes known as “friends”, volunteers help Emmaus organisations too.
Their role depends on their skills and interests and naturally the needs of the Emmaus group. Volunteers can get involved in any of the activities, for example collecting and sorting through clothing, helping with literacy or running workshops and leisure activities – while sharing their know-how and cheerfulness at the same time! Volunteers also contribute towards helping socially excluded people reconnect with society. For sure, they contribute greatly, but the benefits are shared – the person gaining the most is not always the one you’d think!
There are several thousand volunteers committed to helping Emmaus groups in many parts of the world. To join them, contact your nearest Emmaus group under the “member groups” section.