+ 33 (0)1 41 58 25 50
At the international secretariat
We’re looking for volunteers at our international secretariat and head office in Montreuil, France:
- To meet Emmaus representatives arriving from abroad at Paris airports and train stations and take them by public transport or taxi to the international secretariat or hotel
- To accompany Emmaus International delegates on visits to Emmaus communities in the Paris region and on sightseeing trips to Paris. It would be useful if you had at least a basic level of English and/or Spanish
- To assist occasionally with event preparations: the Paris salon (a huge jumble sale), events, international and other meetings
- To help with mailings and franking
- To help with the visa application process for Emmaus International representatives (submitting and picking up the application from consulates etc.)
- To provide administrative support (filing, data input, telephone reminders etc.)
Other specific tasks may also be offered, depending on your skills and our needs.
> > These unpaid assignments are aimed at people who already live in France.
With a member organisation
Volunteers help out at Emmaus member organisations too – in France they’re known as “friends”.
Their role depends on their skills and interests and, of course, on what the organisation needs. Volunteers are involved in a great many of their activities, for example collecting and sorting through clothing, support with literacy or leading workshops and leisure activities – while sharing their know-how and cheerfulness at the same time! Volunteers contribute towards helping socially-excluded people reconnect with society. It’s true they do give a lot, but they also get a lot back. The person receiving most help isn’t always who you think it is!
There are several thousand volunteers committed to helping Emmaus groups in many parts of the world.